Sunday, August 29, 2010

What Will Tomorrow Bring ...

So I know this last week has been lacking posts, let me explain why. I quit my job! I held off on posting this because I know what kind of "anonymous" posts I am going to get. (And don't worry, I will be posting them all!) The job was making into someone I did not want to be. It was making me bitter at so many things and was really bringing me down. I was recently taken off a game I loved supporting and put onto a game that was falling apart and on its way out the door. I did not like the direction the position was going in and they were not really willing to do anything to keep me happy for working for them. It was taking a negative toll on my life so I quit.

I am not sure what the future holds. I am hoping that I find a job soon and believe that I will. I have felt so much better since quitting. Believe it or not, I have more of a positive outlook on life now than I did when I was working there. Tomorrow I am taking a big step, one that I have been wanting to do for awhile ... I am going to start using the gym in the building. Aggressively! I want to lose as much weight as possible before Folsom Street Fair on the 26th!

Anyway, that is why there have been a lack of posts this past week.











7 comments:

Kevin said...

You gotta do what you gotta do!

Congrats on doing for you and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Jason,

Wow. You are one brave dude. Jobs are so hard to find. No one can walk in your shoes to know the trauma experienced.

Jobs have always been about achieving objectives....no one's ever been concerned about my happiness. Peace and best of success to you.

Alex

Anonymous said...

If you were upset with the job, did you exhaust all possibilities to try to correct the situation? Regardless, I feel (and this is just me) that you should have secured another job elsewhere before quitting the present one. Best of luck with the job search and the weight loss. Sincerely, Steve.

Anonymous said...

Its always a tough decision to quit a job, but I too know the feeling of a job that just crushes you, good luck!

Anonymous said...

WTF!! Quiting your job is a stupid thing to have done. OHH, you are such a fucking crybaby.... do you think people go to work because they love it, no! People go to work because they have too, because bills keep coming, because food has to be put on the table. Have you forgotten how depressed you were when you didnt have a job, I hope being happy, but homeless and hungry is worth it.

Quitting is not brave, and moron can quit a job. Staying at a job you hate until you find some other job is Brave. Putting up with bs at work until you have put some money away and have found something else is BRAVE, not just quitting because, oh, wait, are you going to start asking for Donations again. Let me know how that unemployment works for you

The MaleSack said...

Oh look ... the moron/loser that hates my blog, but keeps coming back, has shown his ugly face. Why are you so bitter and hateful to the world? Do you have any friends or is the internet the only place you have left?

Your comments used to bother me, now they just give me a good hearty laugh! You are so fucking sad it is unbelievable! Your life sucks so you take it out on everyone else. Get a life dude!

Leatherpigboy said...

Hope you find something fast. I know you have been unemployed before and hope that this time around it goes the way you want. Fingers crossed.