Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Off Topic Moment


This will one of the very few, if not the only, off topic posts I make. But I cannot let today pass without talking about the change in power that was made official today. I have never been one to have any interest in politics. Whenever someone would start talking about it, well, you know what the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons sounds like? Yea ... that is what it would turn into. But that all changed when Obama was in the running. For the first time, I truly became interested in what was going on in our country. I sat up and paid attention. And every time he was on tv, I sat up and listened.

I am from Illinois so it makes me that much more proud to have him as our 44th President. Alot of people don't think he has what it takes to make things better. They think he is not old enough or does not have enough experience. All I can say is, look where age and experience got us over the last 8 years. Obama is what we need and I know he has what it takes to make so many things better for all of us.

Like so many have said already, things are not going to change overnight. This is going to be an uphill battle and may take some time. But we also need to realize that he is not the only one that can make these changes happen. We need to take it upon ourselves to become better people. Respect our surroundings and, most importantly, respect each and every person we come in contact with. It's the small changes that make the bigger ones even more possible.

Thanks again for listening. I am stepping off my soap box now. :)

(I am a huge comic book fan ... when I saw what Alex Ross created, image above, I was so giddy!)

No comments: