Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I've Fallen And ...

So this morning I come into my apt. building, after walking my dog, and this woman comes out of an apt. and asks me to help her get this tenant off of her floor. I, being all neighborly, say "sure, why not". I go into the apt. and the lady is lying on the floor and it is also clear she has used the washroom ... #'s 1 & 2. I felt a little sick to my stomach but wanted to help get her off the floor. The other woman kept asking if she was in any pain, the lady replied "no". So I bent down and put my fingers on her back. The other woman lifted up her arm and she yelled in pain. I stepped back and said we should an ambulance. The old lady did not want us to, said she did not want to go in a hospital. I called 911, then said I would call them back ... well, about 15 minutes later the cops show up at my door. The woman did not want an ambulance and did not want to go to the hospital ... my question is this ... why the hell not? If that were me, I would want 911 called ASAP! On top of this, the woman said she was there all night long ... with no one to help. As horrible as I feel about it, it made me think of those Life Alert commercials and how useful they really are.

Anyway, just had to share my morning drama with all of you. It's going to be a hot one here today, not looking forward to that. Hope you enjoy this mornings post!













1 comment:

soma said...

OMG do you need some batteries for that flaslight.....