Monday, September 7, 2009

Until Further Notice ...

I figured this would happen but I was also hoping that people could be adult about this ... I was so very wrong. Ever since I posted the 'One Final Plea For Your Assistance' post I have received a few comments from users which chose to remain "Anonymous". I am pretty certain this is just one person but, for the sake of this post, we will just pretend it is more than one. The comments have been hurtful and, for whatever reason, the person enjoys verbally attacking me. As I have said before, if you don't like the things I post on my blog, no one is forcing you to come back.

But let me clear things up ... again! I am not trying to take advantage of anyone or swindle people out of money they work hard to make. I am only asking for a little assistance so that I can get ahead of the game. I know that, in the above mentioned post, I put the dollar amounts of my Comcast and cellphone bill, that was only to give you all an idea of my situation. I am in no way expecting someone to go, "Oh, I will just send him all of that". That would be extremely unrealistic for me to do so. All I am asking is that, if you can offer some assistance, however much, that you consider doing so. If you can't, well, then you can't. I am not going to think any less of you and I still value you as a follower.

The person, I'm sorry, "people", also pretty much told me that I should be looking for a job and/or give up more of the things that I do in my personal time. For the past few months I have been looking VERY hard for work. I have applied to numerous jobs and have received very few calls showing interest. It is a very competitive market these days, practically everyone in CA is looking for work. I have applied to jobs I would not usually consider as well. So I have been and still look constantly. And I have given up quite a bit of the things that I do on my personal time. Sure I go out to the park in SF and cruise from time to time, but I am not "spending $50 a week" to do so. And getting out of the apt. is good for me, I need a change of scenery. For me it is a way to unwind and forget about the stress in my life. Why is that so bad?

With all of that being said, back to the point of this lengthy post. I am disabling 'Anonymous' comments for the time being, more than likely permanently. It sucks because I know there are people out there that like to comment and remain 'Anonymous'. Well, you all have this ass to thank for this. I do not mind 'Anonymous' comments in general, but when you are using that as a way of attacking someone or who they are, well, that is just pure coward! I have realized that the reason this person has done this is, not because they don't like how I live my life, but more so that they are disappointed in theirs. That they have nothing to really live for each day, nothing fun for them, so they come onto my blog and others, troll sites like Craigslist, and post negative comments about things they deem wrong.

I will end the post here. I am really sorry this has become so wordy, I just needed to get it off of my chest. I hate that I have had to use this blog as a soapbox of sorts to speak my mind. But I am not just going to let someone beat me up in the virtual sense. If you don't like the fact that I am asking for Donations, I am sorry that you feel that way. If it turns you off to the blog, again, I am sorry. I am just trying to dig myself out of this hole the only way I can right now. And, as I asked before, if you can help, please click the Donations buttons to the right to go through the process or email me at TheMaleSack@gmail.com to discuss other options. But I do thank each and every one of you for coming back to this site as often as you do. And I am truly grateful for any type of support you have given me thus far.

No comments: