Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Nerve Of Some People ...

I have to take this post to vent. Today my roommate and I took our dog to the local dog park, the one we always take her to. Things were fine until we crossed over to the other side of the park. She started playing with this foofy dog, about the same size as her, and she wanted to play rough as did this other dog. So they played a little bit and when it got to rough I stopped her and held onto her collar thinking this guy would take his dog and walk away. Well, he didn't. He stood there and it looked like he wanted them to play more but I kept ahold of her. Well, this went on for another minute or so and then I let her play again. Well, it got rough again and this guy wanted to stop it.

At this point he went to leash his dog but they kept playing. So he then picked up his dog and walked away. My dog just thought this was more play and kept jumping up at his dog to get some play. Well, when fun is involved, she seems to go deaf. So she kept jumping and then the guy swung and hit in in the bottom jaw. She did it again, so did he. I went to get her away from him and she jumped again, this time the guy kicked her in the stomach. I don't like physical confrontation but I needed to say something. I yelled out to him "Don't you fucking kick my dog". He responded "She was jumping up at me with her mouth open". I said "That is because you are holding your dog and she wants to play". I then proceeded to call him a "fucking asshole". He said "fuck you" and walked away. This ruined our park outing.

As we continued to walk, I noticed her dewclaw was bleeding. Well, it was, and it was practically ripped off her leg. We decided to turn around and head home when we saw this. Pretty sure that when this guy kicked her he broke it. So now I have to watch it and hope it does not get infected or something bad happens to it. That means a vet bill which I cannot afford. But of course, if she needs it, she will go. I cannot believe that someone would act like this, especially at a dog park. I really wanted to walk over and kick him in the stomach!
Anyway ... thanks for listening!

4 comments:

Leatherpigboy said...

Hope your dog is ok!! What an asshole i hate people who hurt animals!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of dog owners. That's why I usually avoid dog parks. Half the owners seem to think thier dog is fine and it's someone else's problem. The only one I go to is the Regional Park at Pt. Isabel in Richmond. It's so large you and you dog can usually stay away from the jerks. Maybe today will be better.

The MaleSack said...

William - That is where we go and that is where it happened. Kinda cool that you go there as well. You should email me some time.

ttownbigbear said...

I had a larger dog who wasn't on a leash rush my begle/dacshund mix who was. When I chewed the guy out and picked ny dog up to keep the larger dog from hurting him, the guy says to me,"What an asshole, you must not like dogs." I said, Excuse me, but I am holding a dog -- mt dog -- and the sign says to put a leash on YOUR dog -- ASSHOLE." The world is full of them!